Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day One

Welcome to my life. I am a close to 50 year old woman, who is trying to figure out what went wrong. Don't get me wrong, a lot, and I do mean a LOT of parts of my life went right, but they are all leaving the nest and I'm finding out that I have to grow up again. I'm too old for this.

Somehow, I have let my life get in a state of disarray. But this I mean that there is no part of my life that is where I want it to be. This includes my house, my finances, my hobbies, my job, my body, my face, my relationship with my husband, well, you get the picture.

Now, I am not a terrible looking person, I am not hugely obese, I am not broke, and I have everything I NEED. I have healthy, smart almost grown children. I'm probably close to being the average fifty year old American woman. Which, of course, makes me sound like a first class whiner. But the truth of the matter is that I'm not happy. I am not helping anyone in the community, we spend too much money on eating out, I don't like people to drop in because my house is not where I want it to be, and I don't feel healthy. Plus, I am bored to tears. I don't know what to do with my time. (more about that later) So it's time to start making some changes. A little at a time. And today, it's day one.

So come along with me and let's get busy reinventing ourselves. Getting healthy and fit. Cleaning up our houses. Learning some new recipes. Learning a bit about issues in the news. Who knows where this journey will take me, and whoever wants to come along via reading, and/or doing it along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Are Here